April 2008 CD Releases
April 1, 2008
Anti-Flag - The Bright Lights of America
- Not bad, definitely better than their last few albums.
Sevendust - Chapter VII: Hope and Sorrow
- Hope: most of the verses/riffs are heavier than usual; Sorrow: the choruses are so singy/pussy.
The Sword - Gods of the Earth
- Badass; sounds like their first album but with more thrash.
April 8, 2008
The Grouch - Show You the World Living Legends - The Gathering EP
- They're both pretty dope. I was beginning to wonder if the Legends were starting to fall off. As EvWu2 says, "Classic is not a classic album."
- If you preorder them from Access Hip Hop (I already have), you get a poster and a Drop Card for download of Legendary Music Vol. 2 EP. The posters will be different, however, I suspect the EP downloads will be the same songs, which is kind of lame.
Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts I-IV
- It was pretty bizarre with a touch of Trent. Might put you to sleep though.
Lmno & Kev Brown - Selective Hearing
- I listened to it. It wasn't bad as far as I can remember.
April 15, 2008
Children of Bodom - Blooddrunk
- 04/24: I listened to it this evening. It's pretty good.
Opeth - Still Life
- This the third re-release of the 1999 album and contains new album artwork, and two discs including stereo and 5.1 remastered versions of the album and a live video of "Face of Melinda". It's a pretty good album.
Rush - Snakes & Arrows Live Soilent Green - Inevitable Collapse in the Presence of Conviction
- I have yet to check either of them out yet.
And, it’s fucking tax day. Fuck the IRS. If you’re legally married for only the first 10 months of a year, you still have to pay taxes as if you were single all year.
FUCK THE IRS.
April 22, 2008
Atmosphere - When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint that Shit Gold
- Got it today at the gettin place. Listened to it twice. I like it, though not nearly as much as any of their previous offerings.
- 04/22: I preordered the deluxe edition from Amazon and it only ended up being $9.99. Nice!
- 04/23: I actually checked my mail today and it was in there. The DVD that comes with the deluxe edition is sick. It's just a live show but it's with a band and it's badass. The more I listen to the album the more I like it.
Prodigy (of Mobb Deep) - H.N.I.C. Pt. 2
- Listened to the original H.N.I.C. (Head Nigga In Charge) back when I was still in college. It was pretty good. I'll have to check this one out.
- 04/22: Listened to this yesterday. Reminds me of some old Mobb Deep. It's pretty hard.
Lyrics Born - Everywhere At Once
- I haven't checked this on out yet. Some guys at work were praising Lyrics Born so I need to check it out.
- 04/29: Lahna bought it on Sunday. What I heard of it was good.
April 29, 2008
9th Wonder & Buckshot - The Formula
- The production is amazing and it's pretty good lyrically. I'll have to pick this one up.
The Roots - Rising Down
- I'm not a big fan of the Roots but I checked this one out. It's pretty good. Has some bangin-ass beats on a lot of the tracks. I'll give it a few more listens before I decide if I want to buy it or not.
Testament - The Formation of Damnation
- Their first studio album in 8 years. It's a pretty badass album. Need to grab this one. Got it
Portishead - Third
- I'm not a big fan of Portishead either, but I have liked some of their stuff I've heard so I checked this one out too. It wasn't bad, it was really weird. Some of it was really good, some was just plain bizarre.