Firefox 3 Released!
Mozilla released Firefox 3 today. Of course, I’ve been running Minefield nightly builds for several months on several machines. I can’t even remember what the new features are because they aren’t new to me anymore. I’ll run the official version 3 for a while before I start running nightly builds again.
The main Addons I use are:
- Nightly Tester Tools (for forcing "incompatible" Addons to install)
- Adblock Plus + Element Hiding Helper (for removing crap I don't want to see)
- Remove It Permanently (for removing stuff that ABP can't)
- Greasemonkey (for adding features or removing "features" from websites)
- Firebug (web development tool)
- MinimizeToTray (minimizes Firefox to an icon next to the clock instead of as a bar)
- Hide Menubar (press Alt to see the Menubar when you need it)
The release of Firefox 3 kicks off Download Day, the Mozilla community’s grassroots campaign to set a brand new Guinness World Record for the greatest number of software downloads in 24 hours. The worldwide community effort begins the minute Firefox 3 is released and will continue for a full day.
_joshtags: Firefox - Mozilla - open source - software