I finally got around to “fixing” the grille on my car.
- 3M WetOrDry 600-grit sandpaper
- Krylon satin black spray paint
- 3M Scotch blue masking tape
- masking paper
- Acryli-Clean DX330 Wax & Grease remover
First I masked off around the parts I wanted to paint (the Nissan emblem was a chore), then I used the wax & grease remover on the area to be painted. I then wet-sanded the whole area, dried it off, used some more of the wax & grease remover, then sprayed a (probably too thick) coat on. After letting it dry for a bit, I wet-sanded the areas that were red (orange-peel like a muhfucka) or chrome (could see lines where I sanded them) again, and sprayed several thin coats, letting them dry between.
Pics:[gallery link=”file” orderby=”ID”]
Hopefully I can wash her and get some decent “after” pics this weekend.
_joshtags: Altima - Nissan - pictures