nook v1.2 software update
Barnes & Noble have released the second software update for the nook.
- "Enhanced in-store seamless connectivity to enjoy free Wi-Fi, with our More In Store content and promotions exclusively for nook owners.
- Improved opening of eBooks and periodicals
- Improved response to Reading Now & Settings buttons
- Current reading page and bookmarks on all eBooks is properly saved when your nook is powered off
- Bookmarks display page number
- Eligible LendMe™ eBooks in My Library include a LendMe™ flag
- Easier navigation of daily subscription with issues rolled into one folder
- Improved "back" button functionality for navigating eBooks and periodicals
- Personal files downloaded onto nook and displayed in My Documents can be sorted by author & title
- Overall system improvements and battery optimization"
You can sideload the file to get the update now or wait until the next week or so to have it automatically download and apply the update Over-The-Air or WiFi.
Approximate time to update:
- 4-5 minutes via sideload
- 5-7 minutes via WiFi
- 10-15 minutes via Fast & Free wireless
To verify you have the latest update, go to Settings and check to see that your Software version is 1.2.0.
Stuff I’ve noticed:
- Different icons/skin in LCD
- "Sort by" and "Show" actually show the current setting next to them now
- Document loading and page navigation is faster
- highlighting for selected items on eInk screen is different
- fonts slightly different when navigating Library, The Daily, etc.
- screensaver set to Cityscape (still said Authors in Settings but I saw a bridge)
[more info]tags: nook